Question from the Customer:
We are going to test new software that interacts with several low-speed serial devices over the USB bus. The hardware is offsite, not at our local office. Is it possible to capture USB data streams with the Beagle 12 USB Protocol Analyzer from a remote location and analyze it at another location? Also, how many Beagle adapters can we run from a computer? As there are multiple serial devices and we need to gather data at multiple test points from that location.
Response from Technical Support:
|Figure 1: Beagle USB 12 Protocol Analyzer Full/Low speed USB 2.0 data|
How many analyzers you can run on one computer depends on how many USB devices the computer can support. For your remote test and analysis, you can easily capture and store data, and send the capture file to another location. The steps below describe how to do this.
|Figure 2: Data Center Software User Interface|
- In the remote location, install the instances of the Data Center Software (free download, no fees or licenses required) that you need for each Beagle analyzer, and connect each Beagle analyzer to the computer via the USB ports.
- Next, capture the USB bus data and save the Data Center Software transaction log to a TDC file:
- Launch the Data Center Software to capture data.
- At the menu bar, select File, then select Save As, enter the file name and then click Save.
- After capturing the data, you can easily share the TDC file with anyone. You can email the file to a colleague or save it to a shared drive.
- At your office, open the TDC file with the Data Center Software and view the transaction log:
- Launch the Data Center Software
- From the menu select File, then select Open, choose the TDC file, and then click Open.
Additional resources that you may find helpful include:
- Beagle USB 12 Protocol Analyzer Quick Start Guide
- Beagle Protocol Analyzer User Manual
- Data Center Software User Manual
We hope this answers your questions. If you have other questions about our protocol analyzers or other Total Phase products, feel free to email us at email@example.com, or if you already own one of our devices and have a technical question, please submit a request for technical support.