- Provides known working I2C and SPI slave devices for testing and debugging purposes
- I2C Port Expander with configurable I2C address and a full complement of LEDs.
- I2C EEPROM with configurable I2C address.
- SPI EEPROM with jumpered Slave Select.
- Allows an easy connection between two Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapters.
- Pass-through pins for connecting an external bus monitor or protocol analyzer.
Figure 1: I2C/SPI Activity Board
I2C Port ExpanderPCA9554AD 8-bit I2C and SMBus I/O port with interrupt (NXP Semiconductors)
I2C EEPROMAT24C02 256 Bytes / 2 Kilobit (8 byte pages) 2-Wire Bus Serial EEPROM (Atmel)
SPI EEPROMAT25080A 1 Kilobyte / 8 Kilobit (32 byte pages) SPI Bus Serial EEPROM, High Speed, supports SPI Mode 0 and 3 (Atmel)
Example code for the I2C/SPI Activity Board is available in the Aardvark Software API and Shared Library package in the Downloads section of this website.
Examples are available in C, Visual Basic, Python, and Aardvark XML batch script code. README.txt files are included in the package to explain each of the examples.
You can also view samples in the I2C/SPI Activity Board online User Manual.