- Non-intrusively monitor I2C up to 4 MHz
- Non-intrusively monitor SPI up to 24 MHz†
- Non-intrusively monitor MDIO up to 2.5 MHz (Clause 22 and Clause 45)‡
- Real-Time Data Capture and Display - Watch I2C, and SPI packets as they occur on the bus.
- Bit-level timing down to 20 ns resolution.
- Fully Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X compatible
- Includes full function monitoring tools
- Low Cost
† Actual SPI capture performance is dependent on CPU speed and SPI bus throughput. 24 MHz SPI capture has been tested for typical applications (e.g., captures of a few hundred SPI packets). Depending on user configuration, the maximum achievable capture throughput for continuous streaming applications may be less than 24 MHz.
‡ MDIO monitoring is available in the current versions of the API and version 2.20 of Data Center, which can be downloaded from the Data Center Product Downloads section.
- Beagle I2C/SPI Protocol Analyzer unit
- (1) 6 foot USB A->B cable
- Rosetta Language Bindings: C/C++, C#, .NET, Python, Visual Basic
- Software (downloadable from website):
The Beagle analyzer has high-impedance inputs so it will not affect the system under test and distort the results. Simply attach the Beagle I2C/SPI analyzer inline to passively capture the data traffic to the target devices.
Captured data is streamed via High-Speed USB directly to your computer. The amount of data captured is limited only by the amount of physical memory that is available on the machine.
Not only can you get timings for an entire packet, it is also possible to get timing for each individual bit in the packet. The Beagle analyzer can return bit-level timing down to a 20 ns resolution.
The Beagle monitor is a bus-powered, High-Speed USB 2.0 device. This provides two major benefits. As a high speed device, all the data captured by the Beagle monitor are transferred to the test computer at 480 Mbps. As a bus-powered device, the Beagle monitor does not require a power adapter. This makes the Beagle monitor the ideal tool for engineers in the field. Just plug it into a High-Speed USB 2.0 port on your laptop and you are ready to go.
The Beagle I2C/SPIProtocol Analyzer comes complete with software for only $330 in single unit quantities. Additional discounts are available for larger volumes.
The low cost makes it affordable for a company to provide every developer with their own analyzer. The benefits of every developer having their own analyzer are:
- Less time wasted because developers do not have to share analyzers or go to the lab to debug simple problems.
- Less wasted time means higher productivity because developers can identify and fix problems quickly and easily with less down-time.
- Higher productivity means shorter development cycles. Projects get done on time and on budget.
By saving just a few hours of engineering time, the Beagle I2C/SPI analyzer will have paid for itself.
The Beagle monitor is completely field-upgradable via USB. Total Phase is committed to improving the Beagle analyzer and making these improvements available to our customers.
You will never have to worry about being out of step with the latest software features. Eligible Software and firmware upgrades are always freely available in the Downloads section of this website.
|Available Software||Required Software|
|TP201110: Data Center Software||TP207010: USB Drivers - Windows|
|TP202110: Beagle LabVIEW Driver||TP207210: USB Drivers - Linux|
|TP200210: Beagle Software API||Mac OS X (no drivers required)|
Supported Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit)
• Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
• Linux: Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, Debian
• Mac OS X: 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
Minimum Hardware requirements
• Intel or AMD processor operating at 2 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
• 1 gigabyte (GB) physical RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 2 GB or more available hard disk space
• High-speed USB port
• VGA capable of 1024x768 or higher screen resolution
• Internet access is helpful