As the number of embedded applications grow and as their requirements increase in speed and complexity, the need for a more powerful and flexible embedded systems tool has become significantly more important. The new Promira Serial Platform improves the production, test, design, as well as the development, emulation and debugging of complex embedded I2C and SPI applications.
The current Promira platform includes these features:
- Integrated level shifting - work with signal voltages ranging from 0.9 - 5.0V without additional accessory boards or external cabling.
- Remote control - run automated tasks over the Ethernet. Expand the range of production and prototype units beyond interfacing multiple units to a computer via USB.
- More customization - configure and use up to six GPIOs.
- More target power - provide up to 200 mA to target devices, which in many cases, eliminates the need for an external power source.
- Higher speeds for interfacing with I2C and SPI devices - compared to the Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter, the Level 1 application is twice as fast for I2C programming and eight times as fast for SPI programming. Higher speeds are available with the Level 2 and Level 3 applications.
- Download new applications for the Promira Serial Platform - instantly obtain and use more features now and as they become available; new applications will be developed and released, including- dual/quad-IO SPI, eSPI, I2C/SPI protocol analysis, and more.
- Software support - the Promira Serial Platform can be used with many software applications. The Promira Software API is provided with working examples. The Promira Aardvark Wrapper Software API enables developers to use applications that were created with the Aardvark Software AP. The Control Center Serial Software supports the full use of I2C, SPI and GPIO functionalities.
Following are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about our new product:
Q. What can Promira do for Production and Automated Testing?
In the production and test environments, the Promira Serial Platform can:
- Program firmware and other data in the production environment.
- Exercise DUTs and run regression tests.
- Interface to the production line over the Ethernet.
Q. What can Promira do for developers more quickly than before?
In the research and development environments, the Promira Serial Platform can:
- Burn firmware to EEPROM.
- Program in-system any I2C- or SPI-based memory chip.
- Emulate master or slave devices:
- Use as a master to interface with sensors, memory chips and other peripherals; emulate an MCU and actively poll sensors, read/write BIOS memory and control the bus.
- Use as a slave to test commands sent from MCUs; simulate sensors and validate the commands sent by the master device.
We are all very excited - this new product joins the ranks of our industry-leading debugging tools, which could possibly become the best and last solution that you will need for I2C and SPI development.
For more information about our new Promira Serial Platform, please refer to the following documents:
- Promira Serial Platform Quick Start Guide
- Promira Serial Platform User Manual
- Control Center Software Serial User Manual